Let’s talk about writing a novel, England, and following your dreams with Seattle author Janis Wildy.
Back in July, I thoroughly enjoyed (virtually) meeting and recording with with Seattle-based author, Janis Wildy. Janis is a fellow West Coast city girl, Anglophile and tea lover. Earlier this year, she self-published The English Bookshop, a delightful novel about rediscovery, family, and staying open to possibilities.
This episode’s girl talk:
- Janis’ top 3 tips for someone wanting to write a novel
- Our mutual love of all things English
- Following your career dreams
- The fear and ultimate joy of solo travel
- Waking up to your life and feeling magnificent
Janis is an author, Anglophile and lover of books that take her to beautiful settings. She loves planners, peonies and Pimm’s Cup — although a dram of whisky or a cup of tea is always welcome. She lives in Seattle with her family and labradoodle.
Janis is reading:
- The Unsinkable Greta James (Jennifer E. Smith)
- The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving (Jonathan Evison)
Janis’ writing resource recommendations:
- The Story Grid Podcast
- How do you Write (podcast)
- Wish I’d known then…for writers
- The Creative Penn (podcast)
- The Self Publishing Podcast
- Save the Cat! Writes a Novel (Jessica Brody)
- The 90-Day Novel by Alan Watt
Did you enjoy this episode? Pop us a comment below or take a moment to write a 5-star review!