Yep, it’s the day after Halloween and I’m encouraging you to get your Christmas shopping done online, and before holiday party season chaos ensues. And to make it easy, I’ve curated a list of fun, affordable, and unique gift ideas from my favourite Canadian Etsy shops.
*Updated October 31, 2020
For me, online shopping is the most efficient way for me to get through my holiday shopping list. The act of getting most of my holiday shopping done in less than an hour, while in my pajamas, at my desk, over a cup of tea, is always more appealing than pounding the pavement and wading through hoards of people. I also need to get any shopping done before we leave to spend Christmas in England, so I’m super happy to get everything done this weekend in a few clicks!
Top Tip: Make sure your online shopping experience is cyber secure! All links in this post lead to Etsy’s cybersecure website. You’ll know by clicking the lock next to the URL bar.
All the items listed in these Canadian Etsy shops are created in Canada, ship worldwide, and are priced at under $110 CAD. All are perfect as standalone gifts or stocking stuffers. But before I get to the shopping guide goods, I want to point out that all of these shops are run by incredible entrepreneurial women who are all fellow and honorary #westcoastcitygirls. They are kicking business butt with grace and grit, and I’m so proud to feature them in this post. (I love their stuff and they are lovely people!)
Significant other, mom, dad, some kid friendly stuff. Hostess gifts, something for your assistant. There’s something for everyone!
Little May Papery is a Calgary, AB based stationery shop featuring clever and beautifully illustrated cards and stationery items designed and created by the tiny but mighty Leanne Thompson. I love her cards and she made me a beautiful illustration of my favourite yoga photo a few years ago.
- Cat Desk Calendar – I may or may not be getting this for the Brit as a stocking stuffer because my love adores cats. (Shhh…)
- Holiday Gift Tags (Pack of 6) – Tag your gifts with a little whimsy!
- Peony Enamel Keychain – A cute little stocking stuffer for a perhaps 10-year-old niece like mine.
- Set of 5 Christmas Cards – I have a few of these ready to write in. You get to choose which ones you want!
Located in Victoria, this shop is run by two sisters with a passion for making lovely scented things in a compassionate and sustainable way. All products are inspired by the West Coast and are plant-based. I discovered this company when the Brit bought me their Wilderness candle as a stocking stuffer.
- Exhale Aromatherapy Roll On – For anyone in your life who needs to relax. This roll on has fractionated coconut oil, their proprietary essential oil blend including Bergamot, Lavender, and Eucalyptus. Roll-ons are also perfect for travelling and meet the TSA carry-on guidelines.
- Artisan Candles – I can’t decide which I love better – the Wilderness and the Bliss candles. They both smell amazing and are great choices for anyone you know and/or as a Host/Hostess or Secret Santa gift. (Also an excellent gift for a traveller!)
- Men’s Face Products – The Etsy site only has one of their offerings, but click here for their yummy smelling shaving soap and beard oil. Your guy will love these!
#GetThrifty: Click here for a discount at the Two Blooms Etsy Shop!
As you can tell from the above photo, PAU Creations Canada’s shop offerings are pretty cheeky. Eva is creating sassy, empowering coffee mugs, apparel, and accessories for anyone who loves to get s*** done with a sense of humour.
- Sassy Sweatshirt – For the entrepreneur or especially busy females in your life who love a glass of something lovely!
- Cheeky, Sentimental, or Inspirational Mug – I couldn’t choose which one to feature, so here is the link to all the mugs! Therse are great stocking stuffers for anyone on your list, and also make a great Secret Santa gift. They are also a fun way to tell someone they are going to be an auntie or uncle!
- Dear Santa Mug – If you have kids (or even if you don’t!), put Santa’s milk in this mug next to his cookies!
- Custom Order – Eva can create mug, shirt, or sweatshirt with whatever you’d like it to say!
Top Tip: Start your holiday shopping in November, especially if you’re buying online. Shipping carriers start being over-saturated by the first day of December, so better to be safe than sorry. Another way to avoid this is by supporting local shops and brands.
Karlie Rosin is a dear friend of mine and I am one of her biggest fans. Girl is ridiculously talented, and she recently transitioned to working on her art full-time. Her prints are a unique hostess gift and a custom piece will make that special someone feel even more so.
- Vancouver Cherry Blossoms Print – You might have seen this as a moving image on the Tourism Vancouver Facebook page last spring. Because it was so popular, she made it a print! Karlie also has other Vancouver landscape prints available on her Etsy shop. (See the below images!) Perfect for a girly-girl or someone who loves the Vancouver skyline as much as I do!
- Rosé All Day Print – I have this print and it’s going up in my little office area. This is for your Rosé loving sister, bestie, mum, whoever!
- Custom Art – Commision Karlie to create a beautiful watercolour or acrylic painting for your spouse, your parents, whoever. It makes for a unique and personalized gift. I have a couple custom pieces and they are the perfect room accessory.
Top Tip: Keep some notes on your phone after meeting up with someone on your list. so you can personalize someone’s gift and try to find something original and special.
With their handmade bamboo clothing (designed and made by the lovely Cat and her crew) printed with original art (by her hubby Nate) in Nelson, BC, Sea of Wolves Design is doing things right and making beautiful pieces. Their clothes are super soft and most are made to order.
- Bamboo Hoodie – May the Brit needs to read this after all… I am coveting this hoodie! Perfect for your BFF, female SO, or your favourite yogi.
- Bamboo Jersey T-shirt – Also possibly a gift for my love, what guy doesn’t want a soft t-shirt?? Great for your male SO, son, nephew, grandson…
- Bamboo Jersey Yoga Leggings– For your favourite yogini. These leggings are so soft. I’ve had a grey pair from their previous line for years and they are still good as new!
- Large Bamboo Scarf – Also have my eye on this lovely. Perfect for any female in your life, because, baby? It’s cold outside.
Yes, doormats! Nannaimo-based boss-babe Danielle is using mats made of made of coir – a natural resource made of coconut fibers. These fibers are stiff, great for removing dirt off your shoes. And the mats look really great at your door! Perfect for a Christmas housewarming gift or to seasonally accessorize your doorway.
- Home (Paws) – For the animal lovers out there!
- Custom Order – I ordered a custom mat from Aspen Blue Co last year when we moved to New West and I’m so happy with how it turned out!
- Hello from the Other Side – Just to be cheeky, or for any Adele fan.
- Treetops – If we had moved anywhere outside of Canada, or even BC, I would have bought one of these for wherever we ended up. What is more West Coast than a beautiful treetop skyline?
Top Tip: If you are submitting a custom order, get it in early! It’s great to leave yourself some extra time before the holidays and gives the Etsy shops time to complete the custom orders.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection. ~ Pindar[/perfectpullquote]