My laptop is finally out of the Mac hospital (hooray!) and while my Europe photos were loading this evening, I was clicking through my iPhoto library. While flipping through, I landed on pictures from an epic Halloween party from many moons ago at my friend Alison’s parent’s house where entry was only given if we were a) dressed up; and b) dressed as something that started with a “P”. (I was a dead pageant queen.) It was a really fun night and one of the few times that I have dressed up since I was a kid.
The photos have made me feel mildly nostalgic; so, for #FlashbackFriday, I present a “recipe” for a Raspberry “Martini”. I say recipe loosely because when I mix drinks, it’s one of the few times where I am not relying on being exact. (My drinks are strong.) I also say “martini” because 75% of the time that I make this drink or something similar, it is generally served in a Solo cup…
It’s a recipe inspired by the first raspberry martini I ever had, way back when, at a Vancouver club called the Roxy. But that’s a story for another day. Maybe. Ha. 😉
- 2 parts vodka – I’m not picky and go with what’s available, but go with your favourite or whatever is most economical.
- 1/2 to one part Sour Puss® Raspberry
- Splash of Triple Sec
- Lime juice (fresh squeezed or bottled), to taste
- 7up or Sprite to taste – more if you like our drinks on the sweeter side
- 1 lime, sliced (for garnish)
*Adjust according to taste, number of people, and vessel of choice.
- Pour ingredients over ice in a martini shaker, Solo cup, or juice pitcher.
- Shake/stir/mix depending on what vessel the ingredients are being mixed in. The resulting liquid will be bright fuchsia in colour.
- Serve with a slice of lime on the rim or in the cup/glass.
Note: It’s a strong drink. That particular Halloween, one of my friends was suffering from a bad sinus cold. He told me he woke up the next morning completely fine and cleared up. Amazing.
Happy Halloween, everyone! Be safe. Have fun. xo